Monday, February 20, 2012

The cookbook trail

Okay so I just read delicious.simply the best and the trail it lead me down is vast. OK, firstly I loved 'simply the best' - first cookbook (ever) where I've thought, yep, I'd cook every single recipe. Now I looked at all the credits and there I discovered the treasure trove of creative people who contributed to the book. So I looked up photographer Brett Stevens and yep I'm impressed...which led me to his latest collaboration the cookbook 'Snow Flakes and Schnapps'. Equally impressive and beautifully done. The review of it is on a site called The Gastronomer's Bookshelf. I'm new to it. It's got reviews and ratings of cookbooks.

All these beautiful things translate to a monster wish list for me:

- I have to have both cookbooks
- I have to cook every recipe from 'Simply the best' simply to see if the book's really as good as I claim
- Find out more about B Stevens
- Contribute to The Gastronomer's Bookshelf
- Do another post about the collective creative community who contributed to 'Simply the best'

Plus figure out how all the bloggers get so many beautiful photos in their posts..oh well gotta start somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment